Skip to main content

DEAD

The feeling of being heartbroken got the best of her 
She let it all out
She cried 
She's in pain 
She held one hand on her stomach and one on her throat 
What hurts more is knowing that she can control what goes on & she can stop it if she wanted to 
But not having the strength to stop the pain 
It’s like crying over and over again until you don't even have the voice to cry or the tears anymore 
Everything ran dry
She had a scattered cry 
The ones where you stop for several seconds because you forced yourself to daydream away from reality but somehow get snatched back & cry harder because you can’t seem to get away
She was alone 
In a house full of people she was alone 
She got the energy to go to the bathroom
She refused to look at herself in the mirror 
Even though it was hours that she had been crying 
She still refused to believe she was weak enough to let it break her
She turned the shower on & let the heat fill the bathroom
To burn the emotions, the pain, the tears
To burn the old her so when she had finished, she was a totally different person
She gathered the strength to take off her clothes  
She put one foot into the shower 
& made a quick attempt to look at herself in the mirror
Puffy eyed, wrinkled forehead, messy hair, runny nose & pale skin
This was the art of pain 
She rushed into the shower & let the water rinse away every ounce of hurt left in her  
She sat on the floor
Knees to chest
Head down & eyes staring into another dimension 
This place was her new home
She was happy there
That’s when it hit her
In order to be happy, she needs to be there 
She got out the shower & wrapped the towel around her body 
Hair still soaked with nothing dry but what was wrapped under the shield 
She walked into her room
Looked at her bed & hopped in 
Put the blankets up to her chin 
She stared into the darkness of 3am
She never experienced death but this is what she expected it to be 
A soulless person with no strength
She let her eyelids take over
Closed her eyes & slept her way into this dimension 
Even when she knew she was going to wake up 
She knew it wasn’t going to be her 
Because she forced the broken piece to die
She was dead

Comments

Kari said…
This one here ! So damn good . Keep em coming mama ✨
Thank you Karisma! It means a lot

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Tell Me

Don’t tell me what they didn’t do Let me figure it out when I see your face when I do something you haven’t experienced  Don’t tell me how they hurt you  Tell me how you’ve never been this happy before  Let’s never backtrack  Because that’s brings fear we don’t need  Tell me you’re scared  But tell me that when we are watching a scary movie Don’t tell me you need me Show me when you call because you couldn’t figure out the remote to the tv Let me hold you When reality sets in & you’re overwhelmed with work & what to buy for Christmas  Be angry with me  For not listening & buying the other dress  Lose trust in me  Only when it comes to leaving your food around me Leave your past in the past  & only allow yourself to think about it when admitting we’ve came a long way & still are going & growing

THANK YOU

I got into the habit of picking up myself when I have fallen  you've showed me that I walk in this path alone  These tears that I've cried trying to get you to understand me  ended up watering my skin and building the foundation  to love myself again  I got into the habit of knowing my worth  it came from losing myself with you and crying for you to love me  crying for you to care and take me into consideration  Telling you, yelling at you to care as much as I do turned the do to a did  and I started loving myself the way I begged you to love me  "Don't do what you don't want done to you"  That's what everyone grows up on knowing That's what allowed me to grow pure and loving  To give 110% in anything I run into  But with you I gave 150%  It was scary  But it also got me into the habit of opening myself up to really caring Even though, I went into this blindly and opened myself up fully Even though, you hurt me and p

What?... You didn't know?

She's dismissive  She's open  She's a pessimist    She's an opportunist  She's giving  She's selfish It's weird how in the beginning it was easy to figure her out  How when it was hot and heavy she was this perfect girl She was the one who was so calm, happy, and supportive At times you notice when she was out of it But addressing it seemed stupid because she snapped right back  How come now she's different? The snap backs took longer to come in effect  The smile that made you fall in love seemed to barely show now What is going on with her? Instead of only getting to know what made her happy you should've wondered what harmed her Yes it is understandable that the past has nothing to do with you and she may have seemed to have it all figured out and show she's fine... but she's human.. What?... You didn't know?... She decided to make it look like she's okay all this time so you couldn't see the